Request a meter reading
Request a special meter reading if there is a change to your property (such as selling the property to a new owner, or having new tenants).
Fees and billing
The fee for a special reading is $100.00. It will be added to your final utility bill that you'll receive the week after the special reading.
For sold properties, we email the final bill to your lawyer or notary unless you request otherwise.
How to request a reading
Special meter readings are completed on Fridays (or Thursday when Friday is a holiday) from 8:30am to 5:00pm.
Make your request at least five business days before the reading date you want to book.
Phone 3-1-1 and provide the following information:
- Property address
- Utility account number
- Consent to the $100.00 fee
- Which Friday you want the reading
- Type of property change (sale, new tenants, and so on)
- Email address to send the final bill (usually the lawyer or notary’s office)
- Contact person’s name, phone number, and representation on behalf of the vendor or purchaser
- New owner’s name, mailing address, and phone number (if available)
Change or cancel your meter reading
To change or cancel your reading, phone 3-1-1 at least three business days before your reading.