Join us at our engagement events and let us know what you think about arts and culture in Vancouver.
Online survey: Draft Creative City Strategy
Over the past 18+ months, we’ve engaged a broad spectrum of voices from the arts and culture community to help develop the Creative City Strategy. Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh visibility and voice on the land are central to this process.
Informed by this feedback, we've developed the draft Creative City Strategy to share. What do you think of the draft plan and what matters most to you?
In this survey, you’ll be able to review the proposed goals and recommendations. Your feedback will help inform the Creative City Strategy that goes to Vancouver City Council in September 2019.
The survey takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and closes on Monday, June 24 at noon.
Read about our findings and report-backs to date.
- May 16, 2019: Creative City Strategy open house External web site, opens in new tab
- March 4, 2019: Creative City Strategy symposium External web site, opens in new tab
- June 5 and 7, 2018: Open Space engagement event
- February 26, 2018: Lunar Festival audience survey
- January 24, 2018: Creative City Strategy Launch Event
Fall 2017 - spring 2018
Fall - winter 2018
From winter to spring 2018, we held 15 focus groups to engage with different members that make up the arts and cultural community in Vancouver.
Insights and experiences informed our early findings and refined the questions we will be asking as we broaden our public engagement in the summer.
- Indigenous artists
- Indigenous arts and culture organizations
- Racialized and ethnocultural arts
- Cultural centres
- LGBTQ2+ arts
- Disability, deaf, and mental health arts
- Arts organizations working with people living with low incomes or in poverty
- Individual artists
- Arts and Culture Policy Council
- Grantees - cross-section 1
- Grantees - cross-section 2
- Grantees - cross-section 3
- Creative industries
- Theatre Rental Grant users