Involving Vancouver residents and members of the arts and cultural community is was key to the Culture|Shift engagement process.
- May 16, 2019: Creative City Strategy open house External web site, opens in new tab
- March 4, 2019: Creative City Strategy symposium External web site, opens in new tab
- June 5 and 7, 2018: Open Space engagement event
- February 26, 2018: Lunar Festival audience survey
- January 24, 2018: Creative City Strategy Launch Event
From winter to spring 2018, we held 15 focus groups to engage with different members that make up the arts and cultural community in Vancouver.
Insights and experiences informed our early findings and refined the questions we will be asking as we broaden our public engagement in the summer.
- Indigenous artists
- Indigenous arts and culture organizations
- Racialized and ethnocultural arts
- Cultural centres
- LGBTQ2+ arts
- Disability, deaf, and mental health arts
- Arts organizations working with people living with low incomes or in poverty
- Individual artists
- Arts and Culture Policy Council
- Grantees - cross-section 1
- Grantees - cross-section 2
- Grantees - cross-section 3
- Creative industries
- Theatre Rental Grant users