The Vancouver Park Board's Fieldhouse Activation Program provides artists, community groups, and organizations with space in a fieldhouse and access to parks to create activities that engage the community.
By repurposing underused space in fieldhouses into small community spaces, this program aims to:
- Animate our neighbourhoods with place-based activities focused on one or more of our priority themes including arts, culture, environment, and local food
- Host events and activities in locations where people already gather
- Provide space for user groups in exchange for community-engaged activities
Information icon Some of our fieldhouses have specific mandates for programming based on the neighbourhood, space available, and needs of the adjacent community centre.
Who can apply?
- Artists of any discipline, cultural practitioners, ecologists, gardeners, cooks, or a combination of these
- Non-profit organizations, cooperatives, collectives, or cultural groups, that focus on community-engaged arts, culture, environment, or local food projects, or a combination of these
Information icon While individuals are eligible to apply, they will need to demonstrate that they have a network of people and organizations to support them with the community engagement components. It is recommended that collectives and like-minded groups come together to apply artistic, cultural, food, or environmental themes or combinations of these themes.