The Vancouver Park Board's Fieldhouse Activation Program provides you or your group with space in a fieldhouse and access to parks to create activities that engage the community.
By repurposing underused space in fieldhouses into small community spaces, this program aims to:
- Animate our neighbourhoods with place-based activities focused on one or more of our priority themes including arts, culture, environment, and local food
- Host programs in locations where people already gather
- Provide space for user groups in exchange for community engaged activities
Information icon Some of our fieldhouses have specific mandates for programming based on the neighbourhood, space available, and needs of the adjacent community centre.
Who can apply?
- An artist of any discipline, ecologist, gardener, cook, or a combination of these
- A non-profit organization, cooperative, collective, cultural group, that focuses on community-engaged arts, culture, environment, or local food projects, or a combination of these
What's happeningCall for applications
Applications are open for the 2023 - 2025 Fieldhouse Activation Program.
Application deadline: Wednesday, September 14, 2022.
Prepare to apply
Visit fieldhouses, attend fieldhouse events, and chat with local artists, ecologists, and gardeners about their fieldhouse experiences if you are interested in applying to this program.