When you work as a lifeguard, you make a positive impact in your community, build life skills, act as a role model, and best of all, you have fun.
We provide world-class community programs in various state of the art facilities. Our prized recreation programs are a result of the dedicated team who strive to maintain the highest standards of service by giving back to the community in an impactful and rewarding way.
Perks of being a lifeguard
- You could save someone’s life
- Excellent pay
- Indoor lifeguard positions start between $25.21 to $29.63 per hour with an additional 12% in lieu of benefits
- Outdoor lifeguard positions start at $30.81 per hour with an additional 12% in lieu of benefits
- Flexible hours
- Schedules can accommodate if you're a student, available seasonally, and if you're only looking for part-time work
- Room for growth
- Lifeguarding can open doors to a multitude of career opportunities, including emergency medical professional like paramedics and firefighters
- Life skill development
- You'll develop and strengthen skills such as communication, leadership, teamwork and collaboration, and crisis and risk reactions
- Fun team environment
Join our aquatics team
If you're interested in joining a dynamic team committed to connecting people to active living as well as making a difference in your community, we encourage you to apply to this opportunity.
How to become a lifeguard
How to become a swim instructor
Lifeguard hiring screening dates
In-pool sessions for lifeguards who have successfully moved past the application phase:
- March 25: indoor only
- April 28: indoor/outdoor
- May 26: indoor/outdoor
Hiring screenings are interview sessions including both dry and wet evaluation components. The dry components will focus on interview questions, teamwork, communication, and first aid/CPR skills. The wet evaluation will include physical tests needed for lifeguard work.