City Council is made up of the Mayor and 10 Councillors who are elected at large for a four-year term. The Mayor is the Chair of City Council.
The City of Vancouver is governed by the Vancouver Charter and has the power to:
- Pass bylaws regulating such things as businesses, building, noise, and land use
- Buy and sell property
- Collect property taxes and other taxes
- Approve major spending for all parts of the City government
- Take on debt
- Allocate funds for special activities, such as arts and community services
- Set up departments and offices for City services
- Hire staff for City departments and offices
Mayor Kennedy Stewart was elected in October 2018 to build a Vancouver that works for everyone.
Find contact information and read biographies of City of Vancouver's Councillors.
Ask for Mayor Kennedy Stewart and elected councillors to participate at your event.
Contact City Council and the mayor as a group.
Find dates, agendas, and reports for upcoming and past Vancouver City Council meetings.
Find salaries and expenses for Vancouver City Council such as the yearly salary for the mayor, councillors, and deputy mayor.
Honouring the excellence of the people who have made a positive contribution in arts, culture, business, and civic engagement.
Looking for Council meeting minutes (which include decisions and motions), city staff reports, presentations and other City Council documents? Search our council document database.
Read emails and memos sent directly to Mayor and Council from the City Manager and Deputy City Manager.