COVID-19 (Coronavirus) update: meetings are still taking place
April 7, 2020
We continue to conduct City business and process development and rezoning applications to help ensure businesses keep operating during this challenging time.
Meetings are held online
Council meetings are conducted virtually and live-streamed on our website. Clerk staff operate meetings from the Council Chambers at City Hall but elected members of Council, City staff, and rezoning applicant representatives participate remotely.
Participate online or by phone
The best way to participate is by sending your comments online or speaking by phone.
- Comment about Council and standing committee meeting agenda items
- Comment about public hearing agenda items (rezoning and heritage)
- Speak at the meeting by phoning in
Although we don't recommend it, you can still attend meetings in person. You must keep 2 m away from other people while at City Hall. Stay home if you're feeling unwell. To attend in person, enter City Hall at the 12th Avenue entrance and check-in with the security officer. Note that City Hall is closed except for Council meetings and media events.
Stay informed about upcoming meetings
- Sign up for emails about upcoming meetings and agendas
- Follow @VanCity Clerk on Twitter External website, opens in new tab
We'll continue to notify you as normal about public hearings for rezoning applications and heritage designations:
- Newspaper ad
- Mailed postcard to residents and businesses within two blocks of the site
- Site sign
- Application webpages
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 3-1-1.
Agendas, minutes, and voting record
Meeting agendas and reports for upcoming meetings are usually available one week before the meeting.
- See how Council voted
- View released decisions and reports from in-camera (closed) meetings
- Learn the types of City Council meetings
Comment about an agenda item to City Council
Meetings stream online as they happen and are available on-demand after.
On television, Council meetings air on Shaw channel 4 on Saturdays at noon.
Get updates about agendas
Contact the City Clerk's Office
3rd Floor, City Hall
453 W 12th Ave
Vancouver, BC V5Y 1V4