Meetings are held online
Council meetings are live-streamed on our website. We operate meetings from the Council Chambers at City Hall but the mayor, councillors, staff, and rezoning applicant representatives participate remotely.
Participate online or by phone
The best way to participate is by sending your comments online or speaking by phone.
- Comment about Council and standing committee meeting agenda items
- Comment about public hearing agenda items (rezoning and heritage)
- Speak at the meeting by phoning in
Participate in person
Although we don't recommend it, you can still attend meetings in person. Here's what you need to know:
- Stay home if you're feeling unwell.
- Enter City Hall through the north entrance facing the mountains. If you have mobility needs, use the ramp facing 12th Avenue.
- Check-in with the security officer and provide your contact information for COVID-19 contact tracing, as required by the Province of BC External website, opens in new tab.
- Wear a mask – it's expected.
- Keep 2 m away from other people.
Stay informed about upcoming meetings
- Sign up for emails about upcoming meetings and agendas
- Follow @VanCity Clerk on Twitter External website, opens in new tab
We'll continue to notify you as normal about public hearings for rezoning applications and heritage designations:
- Newspaper ad
- Mailed postcard to residents and businesses within two blocks of the site
- Site sign
- Application webpages
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 3-1-1.
Agendas, minutes, and voting record
Meeting agendas and reports for upcoming meetings are usually available one week before the meeting.
- See how Council voted
- View released decisions and reports from in-camera (closed) meetings
- Learn the types of City Council meetings
Comment about an agenda item to City Council
Meetings stream online as they happen and are available on-demand after.
On television, Council meetings air on Shaw channel 4 on Saturdays at noon.
Get updates about agendas
Contact the City Clerk's Office
3rd Floor, City Hall
453 W 12th Ave
Vancouver, BC V5Y 1V4