Vancouver Aquatic Centre
The Vancouver Aquatic Centre (VAC) is a naturally-lit, indoor pool located in downtown Vancouver, near Sunset Beach.
We have 50-metre lap lanes, a diving tower and boards, a sauna and weight room, and access for wheelchairs. We are also home to several swim clubs, and offer lessons and training for all ages and levels.
Annual pool maintenance
The Vancouver Aquatic Centre will be closed from Monday, July 20 to Tuesday, September 8, 2015 for annual pool maintenance.
NEW way to register for fall swim programs and recreation services starting August 10
Register for fall 2015 swim programs and recreation services using our new registration and reservation system starting Monday, August 10. View activities and add them to your wish list in advance.
About our new registration and reservation system
Our new registration and reservation system is easy to navigate and helps you plan, track, and manage all your recreation requests in one place.
If you are a new user, setting up your account is easy with an email address. Just create a password, complete your profile, and you’re ready to go.
Make your online registration experience more enjoyable. Get registration tips.
Have you registered through our old registration system?
Did you register using an email address?
You will need to create your new password by selecting "Forget your password?"on the new registration login page. Your OneCard will be transferred to the new system along with your balance.
Didn't register with an email address?
The new system requires an email address. You will need to set up an email address and create an account.
Get Vancouver Aquatic Centre hours. Find out where we are located and how to contact us.
See the schedule of activities taking place at Vancouver Aquatic Centre; public swim times, length swimming, Aquafit, and more.
Find out how much it costs to drop-in to one of our pools. Save money with a multi-visit or monthly pass.
For your next birthday, have your party at a Vancouver pool. Find out what's included, the days and times pools are available, and the cost.
Vancouver Aquatic Centre amenities
- Length: 50 metres
- Leisure pool and toddler pool
- Rope swing
- Separate dive tank
- Diving boards (1 m and 3 m)
- Diving tower (5 m, 7.5 m, and 10 m)
- Universal change rooms
- Wheelchair accessible
- Aquatic wheelchairs
- Aquatic pool lifts
- Leisure Access Card (LAC)
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9:00am-1:00pm
- $5.10/hour per child (discounted strip tickets available)
- Limited number of spaces on a first come, first served basis
- Parents and guardians must remain in the facility
Requirements for children at the pool
Children under eight years of age must be with a responsible guardian (16+ years old):
One guardian can supervise up to five children.
What you need to know if you are a group, school, or daycare visiting the pool
- Group rate (20% discount) is available on drop-in admissions only for groups of 10 or more of the same age group.
NOTE: The group rate does NOT apply at Maple Grove Pool, because the admissions price is already discounted.
- The ratio of supervisors or leaders for children under eight years is one to every five children - Mandatory.
- The ratio of supervisors or leaders for children 8 years or above is one to every 10 children - Recommended.
- All leaders are required to be in the water with their groups.