Terms of reference
- Provides input to City Council and staff about issues of concern
- Considers any matters which may be referred to the committee by Council or staff
- May take positions on policy initiatives from other levels of government within the mandate of the committee
- Advises Council and staff on the Cultural Plan for Vancouver 2008 - 2018 as it is developed, implemented and updated.
- Works co-operatively with other agencies whose activities affect constituent communities, including initiating and developing relevant projects
- Acts as a resource for staff doing public involvement processes and civic events
Awareness and outreach
- Exchanges information with the constituent communities and the general public about relevant programs and issues of interest
- Engages in outreach to disseminate information and encourage participation from constituent communities
Planning and reporting
- Produces an annual work plan with specific objectives by no later than April of each year, in consultation with Council and staff liaisons, for distribution to Council and civic departments for
- Submits an annual report to Council describing its accomplishments for the year, including reference to each objective set out in the work plan and any arising issues to which the committee has responded
The committee may appoint a reasonable number of subcommittees to assist with its projects.
Membership may include persons willing to serve who are not members of the Arts and Culture Policy Council.
Meetings are held up to six times a year, and will have administrative support from the City Clerk's office for these meetings.
Committee meetings will last up to 2½ hours. A minimum of one to 2 additional hours a month is spent on email and other correspondence, meetings, networking, and promotion. Preparation time for all meetings is required.
Members may miss no more than four consecutive meetings wthout obtaining leave of absence from the committee. Membership will be terminated following the fourth such absence.