Get help with rats and mice

Orange phone labelled SOS

Rats and mice in Vancouver breed often and with large litters, so the occasional rat or mouse can become a crowd before you know it.

Deal with rats and mice as soon as possible – they cause health concerns.

Who do I talk to?

The City of Vancouver will deal with rat or mouse problems in certain areas.

If the rat or mouse is... Contact
In your home Tenants: contact your landlord, and if they do not help, call 3-1-1

Landlords: contact a pest control company

On City property Phone 3-1-1
In a City park Phone 3-1-1 or speak to a Park Board employee
In or near restaurants, grocery stores, or businesses that handle food Phone Vancouver Coastal Health at 604-736-2033

How do I hire a certified pest management company?

  • Make sure the company has a pesticide use licence.
  • Ask people to recommend a company.
  • Request references from the company.

Did you know?

There are more than 60 species of rats world wide. Two of them, the Norway rat and the brown rat, are common in Vancouver.

Contact Property Use Inspections

Monday to Friday
8:30am to 4:30pm

Saturday, Sunday, holidays

Development and Building Services Centre
515 West 10th Avenue
Ground Floor