We are always working to make Vancouver's homes and buildings safer, healthier, and more accessible. We:
- Work with the public to reduce the waste generated through building and renovating
- Review permit applications, and enforce regulations in a fair and consistent manner
- Work hard to decrease the length and complexity of the permit process by introducing online services and more efficient processes
- Enforce procedures to protect historic buildings and our urban forest during development and renovations
When you need a permit
Not all projects need a permit, find out when you don't need a permit.
There are risks to not having a permit. You could face serious – and potentially costly – consequences.
Note Access to the Services Centre is for those with scheduled appointments or looking to provide payment. Requests for appointments can be made online.
Location and mailing address
Development and Building Services Centre
515 West 10th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5Z 4A8
- Broadway-City Hall SkyTrain Station
- 99 B-line, #15, and #9 buses
Have you submitted an application online?
We want to hear from you.