Worker looking at building specs


Building a new house or doing a renovation? Find out when to request an inspection  (1.4 MB)

Have you been told or recommended that you need a special inspection? Review the steps to getting a special inspection

Looking for your construction or sidewalk damage deposit? Search unclaimed damage deposits

Moving soil, green waste, or plant materials? Contact the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) to get a Movement Certificate before moving soil, green waste, or plant materials outside of a regulated area to prevent the spread of the Japanese beetle. Learn more and find out how to contact the CFIA

Inspections ensure that construction and trades work:

  • Matches the work described under the permit
  • Complies with the relevant bylaws
  • Meets safety, accessibility, and green building goals

Because of the complexity of modern buildings and technologies, several inspections at different stages of construction are often required.

Types of inspections

Contact the Development and Building Services Centre

Contact us online

The Development and Building Centre is open for in-person scheduled appointments or payments. 

Location and mailing address
Development and Building Centre
515 West 10th Avenue, Ground Floor
Vancouver, BC V5Z 4A8