Bids, contracts, RFPs, and purchase orders
Our bidding process aims to secure value for money for the citizens and taxpayers of Vancouver.
Our Supply Chain Management department applies best practices and strong financial controls, and ensures a transparent, fair, and competitive procurement process.
On this page:
- Learn how our bid process works.
- Review the list of open and closed (not yet awarded) bidding opportunities.
- Get your bid review-ready and read our bidding procedures.
- Find information on awarded bids.
- Read related financial reports.
How our bid process works
Learn about our bid process and its requirements in our Procurement Policy. We adhere to this policy and all applicable laws and regulations. The most referenced policy statements are:
- Goals of the policy
- Competitive bidding and when it is required
- Contract authority limits
- Sustainable and ethical procurement
- Living Wage
- Bid committee, chief purchasing official, and category manager authorities and responsibilities
Review the list of bids
- Open bids
- Notices of intent (NOIs) and sole source reports
- Closed bids pending award
- Awarded bids
- Other BC government contracts you can bid on (BC Bids website) External website, opens in new tab
Get your bid review-ready
Read the City of Vancouver's bidding procedures and find the Supplier Code of Conduct and the City's Ethical Purchasing Policy. Learn more about the living wage requirements and read the City's terms and conditions for vendors.