Enjoy free public WiFi access on your smartphone, tablet, or laptop throughout Vancouver.
Vancouver is one of the largest free public WiFi providers in North America.
Look for free public WiFi across the city at:
- Vancouver Public Library branches
- City and Park Board buildings
- #VanWiFi locations
Legend Active free public WiFi
How to connect to free public WiFi
- Select the network name (#VanWiF, COV-Public, or VPL) from your device’s WiFi settings menu.
- Open your browser. You will be automatically redirected to the WiFi terms and conditions page.
- Read and accept the terms and conditions.
- You will be connected to the internet.
Support for all community centres and outdoor pool sites for #VanWiFi is provided by Telus. Contact Telus support at 1-855-200-WiFi (9434) for assistance.
Support for all other #VanWiFi locations is provided by Shaw. Contact Shaw support at 1-888-472-2222 or Shaw External website, opens in new tab by chat, Facebook, and Twitter for assistance.
What do you think of #VanWiFi?
If you've tried our free WiFi service, we want to hear about your experience.
Free public WiFi is a core component of our Digital Strategy, aimed at enhancing your experience within the city through online, mobile, and social media channels.
Connecting you to mobile applications like Van311, which gives you access to City Hall services on the go, is an example of how our city is digitally transforming into a leading smart city.
Report issues to us 24/7 in 3 simple steps:
- See an issue in your city
- Upload a photo with your device
- Use your GPS to log the issue directly with 3-1-1