Temporarily not accepting soil requests
We're revising our soil donation program. Check back for updates.
We are pleased to provide up to 8 m3 (10 yd3) of gardening soil or compost at no cost to qualifying new or expanding community gardens.
To be eligible to receive soil, community gardens must:
- Be located in Vancouver
- Be new (built in the current year) or undergoing significant expansion in the current year
- Have a focus on growing food
- Be able to receive a minimum delivery of 4 m3 (5 yd3) of soil
In allocating funding for this program, we give priority to community gardens that:
- Are stewarded by a social serving or environmental non-profit organization
- Support community access and inclusion
- Establish community connections
- Build knowledge and skills
- Are open to the public to visit and get involved
To apply for a delivery of soil, please complete the form below and staff will be in touch shortly.