We're not currently accepting applications while we review the Vancouver Volunteer Corps program in order to better integrate it into the City's overall emergency planning and response capabilities.
Check back for future volunteer opportunities.
The VVC is designed to harness the power of citizens through education, training, and volunteer service.
Together we make communities safer, stronger, and better prepared to assist the public during local community events and disasters.
As a volunteer, you can:
- Become better prepared on a personal level so you can help others
- Attend training and exercises to learn and practice new skills
- Support emergency responses
- Be an ambassador to the community
- Be part of an incredible team
All our volunteers must:
- Be 19 years of age or older
- Live or work in Vancouver
- Work well in a team environment
- Enjoy helping others
- Speak English
We expect all volunteers to attend:
- An orientation session
- At least one training event per year
- At least two other activities per year (minimum 5 hours)
Once you’ve become a VVC volunteer, we encourage you to join one or more of our specialized response teams to continue enhancing your knowledge and skills.