What you need to know
Request for proposals process is anticipated to open in spring 2023
We will be seeking proposals from eligible Vancouver-based arts and cultural non-profits interested in operating an approximately 10,000-square-foot cultural amenity facility located at 123 E 6th Ave.
Important note Full request for proposals (RFP) submission details and key dates will be posted once they are available.
Receive updates on this space opportunity: Sign up for the VanCulture newsletter
The arts production hub is located in a 2-storey rehabilitated and relocated heritage building at 123 E 6th Ave. It is part of a larger development, including an adjacent 12-storey office building, and will be delivered to the City through a long-term lease agreement. In turn, the space will be sub-leased to a non-profit arts operator.
The intended use for the space is:
- To provide affordable and accessible spaces on a cost-recovery basis that balances sustainability and affordability
- For local non-profit arts and culture production including:
- Production and rehearsal (including but not limited to theatre, dance, or music rehearsal)
- Indigenous arts
- Film, media arts and video production
- Electronic or amplified music and sound production
- Office administration
- Occasional presentation and event uses
- Ancillary uses
The space will be provided finished and equipped (excluding furniture and AV and other specialized equipment).