Building resilience capacity that empowers community organizations, businesses, and neighbourhood services to respond to the unique challenges faced by their communities.
On June 20, we launched a series of initiatives under this program, designed to:
- Conclude the Resilient Neighbourhoods Program pilot, and launch a toolkit and grant stream that offers additional resilience tools and resources for community organizations
- Amplify and align current resilience-building initiatives on an individual, community, and city-wide level
- Build neighbourhood capacity to collectively prepare for, respond to, and recover from emergencies
Across the city, people and organizations are fighting to stay in the place they love, and are committed to bolstering their communities to address future changes.
We will launch a series of initiatives under this program, designed to:
- Support neighbourhoods to examine and reduce chronic issues
- Support and amplify current resilience-building initiatives
- Build neighbourhood capacity to collectively plan and prepare for, respond to, and recover from emergencies
Resilient Neighbourhoods Toolkit
This toolkit can be used by community-based organizations and groups interested in hosting Resilient Neighbourhoods workshops.
Resilient Neighbourhoods Grants
Small bursaries for community-based organizations and groups interested in hosting workshops in their neighbourhood.
Participants, City staff, and external partners came together for the first workshop of the program.
Locate the closest hubs where you can gather after an earthquake or other natural disaster to share information and resources.
We're leveraging our partnerships to advance a seismic risk reduction strategy specifically targeting buildings.