- Learn more and share your thoughts (Translations available in Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, and Punjabi.)
- Complete a comment form by phoning 3-1-1 (closes January 24)
- Register to speak at the February 28 Council meeting by phone or in person
- Contact Mayor and Council directly with your feedback
Your feedback will be gathered into a public report that will help inform City Council’s decision on the final 2023 Budget in March.
To build our budget each year, we must balance the need to provide services, facilities, and infrastructure that meet the needs of our residents and businesses with the desire to keep property tax and utility rate increases at a manageable level.
Because of the 2022 municipal election, the timeline for the 2023 budget is different from previous years to give the newly elected Council time to consider the budget. Public engagement will also take place in early 2023.
Get to know the 2023 Draft Current State Budget
The 2023 Draft Current State Budget:
- Is a starting point for discussion and engagement with Council
- Will help align the multi-year planning with the new Council’s priorities
- May be changed or revised by Council and Boards before being finalized in the spring
Our key challenges and opportunities, property tax scenarios, capital budget, and draft operating budget.
What's happening2023 Capital Budget approved
- On November 29, 2022, the Draft Current State Operating and Capital Budget was presented to City Council.
- On December 6, City Council approved the 2023 Capital Budget and referred the 2023 Operating Budget to Q1 for further consideration.
2023 budget process timeline
Establish Five-Year Financial Plan
Develop Budget Outlook
Council review of Budget Outlook
Develop service plans
Develop Draft Budget for Council consideration
Discussion/interim decision on Draft Current State Operating and Capital Budget 2023
We are here
Council priority setting
Council approves final 2023 Budget