Each year we conduct a Civic Service Satisfaction survey early in the year to get input from residents and businesses on how we are doing at delivering important services in communities every day. That feedback helps to guide the development of the draft annual budget.
We then conduct engagement on the budget a number of ways including:
- Face-to-face in your community
- Talk Vancouver survey
- Sessions with key community stakeholders
All of the public's input on the budget helps to inform City Council’s deliberation of the draft budget, leading to the approval of a final budget for the upcoming year.
How you can get involved
The feedback and engagement cycle for the 2020 budget is now complete.
Thank you to everyone who took the time to participate.
Watch this space for details about how you can make your views known as we begin planning for the 2021 budget.
What we heard
- Check out the 2019 Civic Service Satisfaction Report PDF file (545 KB) to see what your fellow residents said
- Review the full 2019 budget engagement report (including the results of last fall's Talk Vancouver survey) in the:
- Watch the budget webinar video External website, opens in new tab on Facebook
- Review previous budget consultation reports
Want to learn more about the budget process? Find out how we build the annual budget