Film permits

film clapper

The City of Vancouver and Park Board film offices help your production company to:

  • Access civic services
  • Get film activity permits and other related permits suited to your production's specific needs
  • Approve location requests to film on streets, parks, or other City properties in ways that respect our residents and businesses

Your proposed filming locations could mean that you work with our Park Board Film Office (for in and around parks), City Film Office (for all other public locations), or both.

New to filming in Vancouver?

Specific filming requirements

If your on-location filming will impact public property or the surrounding neighbourhood, you need film activity permit. Each filming location and day requires at least one film activity permit.

  1. We prepare your permit in consultation with your location manager to specify all the activities that will affect how public property is normally used.
  2. We issue permits to your company upon giving a final approval of all your activities.
  3. Your senior production staff need to review the permit before filming begins.
  4. Your location manager or assistant location manager must be on location during filming.

How to get film permits

Contact the Film and Special Events Office

Film and Special Events Office
450 SW Marine Drive
Vancouver BC V5X 0C3

Fax: 604-257-8859

Send an inquiry

Make a complaint about filming

Make a complaint about a special event

Contact the Park Board Special Events Office

Special Events &
Filming Office
2099 Beach Ave
Vancouver, BC V6G 1Z4 (mailing address only)

Phone: 604-257-8516 

Fax: 604-257-8501