The City of Vancouver and Park Board film offices help your production company to:
- Access civic services
- Get film activity permits and other related permits suited to your production's specific needs
- Approve location requests to film on streets, parks, or other City properties in ways that respect our residents and businesses
Your proposed filming locations could mean that you work with our Park Board Film Office (for in and around parks), City Film Office (for all other public locations), or both.
New to filming in Vancouver?
- Read our filming guidelines PDF file (33 KB)
- Learn about immigration, hiring crews, and renting equipment and studio facilities (Creative BC) External website, opens in new tab
- Keep your crew safe with free and subsidized health and safety resources (ActSafe) External website, opens in new tab
Specific filming requirements
If your on-location filming will impact public property or the surrounding neighbourhood, you need film activity permit. Each filming location and day requires at least one film activity permit.
- We prepare your permit in consultation with your location manager to specify all the activities that will affect how public property is normally used.
- We issue permits to your company upon giving a final approval of all your activities.
- Your senior production staff need to review the permit before filming begins.
- Your location manager or assistant location manager must be on location during filming.