Insurance requirements for filming, events, and facility use permits

COVID-19 update: bookings

Park Board Permitting Office is currently accepting new requests for spring and summer seasons. We are also processing refunds from fall 2021 and winter 2021. We are processing higher than usual volume of refunds and apologize for any delays.

​​​​​​​Key requirements permit holder must follow are based on the current Provincial Health Officer's Order, valid until May 25, 2021:

  • Develop and submit an updated COVID-19 safety plan that complies with the current Provincial Health Orders, via Sport's Return to Sport Guidelines, and your Provincial Sport Organization's Guidelines.
  • Maximum group size per permit is up to 30 for child/youth and up to 10 for adult and mixed age groups.
  • Strictly observe physical distancing requirements of 3 meters during all physical activities, and 2 meters when not engaging in activities.
  • Arrive no earlier than 10 minutes prior to your permitted time and depart within 10 minutes after your permitted time. Clean your own equipment.
  • Games, tournaments and competitions are temporarily suspended and no scrimmaging is permitted. Limit activity to skills and drills.  Spectators are not allowed at this time.

Liability Insurance – with coverage as required by the City – is mandatory for events or activities on City and Park Board property, and for the use of any City or Park Board facilities.

Proof of insurance

Satisfactory evidence of insurance, in the form of a Standard Insurance Certificate completed by the insurance company, must be provided before permission will be given for use of property or facility.

Select and download the appropriate standard insurance certificates for special event and facility use: