Help ensure health, safety, and continued operations
- Visit our facilities ONLY if absolutely necessary; if you are unwell stay home
- If you visit our facilities, wash your hands before and after your visit and keep 2 m (6 ft) away from staff and other guests
- Defer spring cleaning to help prevent overloading residential waste collection and depot facilities
- Follow disposal guidelines for garbage and organic waste
- Store bulky and recyclable items at home until the pandemic is over
Changes at our facilities:
- Access is restricted to respect physical distancing so expect delays
- Walk-ins not permitted (vehicles only)
- Debit and credit payment only (cash/cheques not accepted)
- Styrofoam drop-off
- Clothing and textiles drop-off
- Compost sales at the landfill
- Composter sales
- NEW drywall drop-off (USED drywall still accepted at Vancouver Landfill)
- Landfill open house
- Landfill tours
The City of Vancouver sells nutrient-rich compost soil for your garden at the Vancouver Landfill in Delta.
Our compost soil is produced on-site from the yard and garden waste we collect from Vancouver homes.
- $8 per cubic metre ($16 per metric tonne)
- $5 minimum charge for 0.5 m3 (340 kg)
Did you know...
Qualifying new community gardens can receive funding for soil and compost.
Pick up your compost at the landfill
Visit our residential drop-off area with your own containers. You can use our shovels and loader (available daily, 7:30am to 4:45pm).
How to pay
Pay at the landfill weigh scales using cash, debit, cheque, or credit card.
Photo ID is needed to pay by cheque and credit card.
Personal cheques must be in your own name and have a preprinted name and address.
Have questions about yard trimmings or composting?
Contact the Regional Compost Hotline, or visit the Compost Demonstration Garden:
2150 Maple Street
The hotline and garden are run by City Farmer, a non-profit organization, on behalf of the City and Metro Vancouver.