To dispute a by-law notice, you must apply for an adjudication hearing. If you have disputed this by-law ticket, please wait up to two business days before filing a late declaration.
Before you apply for an adjudication hearing
- Call 3-1-1 (Outside Vancouver 604-873-7000) (TTY: 7-1-1) daily (7am to 10pm) to discuss your ticket concerns or to assist you with your property status declaration; however, we cannot discuss details about your ticket dispute.
- If your concerns cannot be resolved and you wish to have your by-law notice adjudicated, make sure you understand how the adjudication process works before you apply for an adjudication hearing.
How the adjudication process works
The adjudication process can take 2 to 3 months to finalize.
Once you apply for an adjudication hearing, you can only cancel your application by paying your by-law notice at any point before the hearing.
Keep in mind:
- An adjudicator cannot reduce the by-law notice amount.
- A $25 fee is charged in addition to your non-discounted penalty amount on your by-law notice if it is upheld.
- If you receive more than one by-law notice, you must dispute each notice separately.
A paid by-law notice cannot be taken to adjudication.