We have created resources to support Vancouver renters in finding safe, suitable housing.
Non-market social, affordable, subsidized, and co-op housing
Find housing by neighbourhood with our non-market list:
Apply for affordable rental housing with BC Housing External website, opens in new tab
Apply for subsidized housing with BC Housing External website, opens in new tab
Find a co-op with the Co-operative Housing Federation of BC External website, opens in new tab
City-owned market rental housing
The City owns and operates a limited number of properties with market rental housing.
Review City-owned market rental listings (posted as they become available)
Housing projects on City-owned land
The projects below are located on City-owned land and are either under construction or recently completed.
Note We do not maintain a tenant waitlist and are not involved in the selection of tenants for these buildings, with the exception of Roddan Lodge.
To apply for housing, contact the housing operator listed for the project to learn about the building. If the contact details are not listed, the information will be provided closer to the completion of the project.
Defining project affordability
- Housing Income Limits (HILs): set out by BC Housing and represent the maximum gross household income for affordable housing eligibility. HILs are intended to reflect the minimum income required to afford appropriate accommodation in the private market. Review 2021 Housing Income Limits External website, opens in new tab
- Lower-end-of-market (LEM): set at a discount to appraised market rents for each project by neighbourhood.
Properties with health or safety issues
Check the rental property standards database of buildings with maintenance, health, or safety issues.
Other ways to search for market rental housing
- Online and newspaper classified ads
- Property management company listings
- Community notice boards
- Building signs
- Word of mouth in your community and social circle
If you are experiencing or at risk of homelessness
Contact our Homelessness Services Outreach Team: