Filming at heritage buildings or sites

Filming often takes place in the historic districts of Gastown and Chinatown, and sometimes involves protected heritage buildings elsewhere in the City.

A development permit is required for any alterations to protected heritage properties, even if those changes are temporary.

To confirm the heritage status of a building, you can call Heritage Conservation Program staff at 604-873-7141, or look up the address on the Heritage Register.

City Film and Special Events branch

Send an enquiry or make a complaint online about a special event or about filming.

Park Board Filming and Special Events office

2099 Beach Ave
Vancouver, BC V6G 1Z4 (mailing address only)

Phone: 604-257-8516

Fax: 604-257-8501