You must claim your home owner grant for the current year, even if you successfully claimed it in the prior year.
Claim your home owner grant online and get instant confirmation.
Don’t have computer access? With your permission, anyone can apply on your behalf.
Property tax due dates
Advance taxes: February 4, 2020
Main taxes: September 2, 2020
Home owner grant: July 3, 2020
Are you eligible for a home owner grant?
There are two types of home owner grants – the basic grant and the senior/ additional grant. You may only claim one type of home owner grant. See if you are eligible
What you need to claim your grant online
To claim your electronic home owner grant online, you need your:
- Folio number
- Access code
If your grant claim requires additional documents, you can submit them electronically with your grant application. We accept PDF, JPG, JPEG, and BMP document file formats.
Receive assistance to claim your grant
1. Phone 3-1-1 (Outside Vancouver: 604-873-7000)
7am to 10pm, 7 days a week
2. Visit your local VPL branch and information staff can help you submit your claim online.
3. You can receive assistance to claim your home owner grant in person at the City Hall Revenue Services office, however line-ups may be long.
This last option is not recommended.
Ground Floor, City Hall
453 West 12th Ave
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm
2020 home owner grant threshold $1.525 million
In 2020, the home owner grant threshold of assessed or partitioned value is $1.525 million. The grant is reduced by $5 for each $1,000 above the threshold.
- The basic grant is eliminated when the assessed or partitioned value reaches $1.639 million
- The additional grant is eliminated when the assessed or partitioned value reaches $1.694 million
If you qualify for the seniors or other additional grant, but the grant amount has been reduced or eliminated due to the $1.525 million threshold, you may still be eligible for the low income grant supplement External web site, opens in new tab.