You will receive two property tax notices a year:
View video: How your property taxes are calculated
Your property tax notice
- 3-year phased-in property tax shift
- Additional school tax External website, opens in new tab
- Targeted 5-year averaging
- Reminders for address changes, claiming your Home Owner Grant, declaring your Empty Homes Tax property status, and more
Property tax due dates
Advance taxes: February 4, 2020
Main taxes: September 30, 2020 (Extended deadline – learn more)
Alert icon You can make your payment at any time after receiving your tax notice in the mail.
Home owner grant: September 30, 2020
How much do you owe?
Set up an online account. You will need your access code. It can be found on your tax notice.
Get your property tax account balance. No login or registration required.
Types of property tax notices
2020 important tax information
- 2020 有關稅項的最新重要資訊 (Traditional Chinese) PDF file (607 KB)
- 2020 有关税项的最新重要资讯 (Simplified Chinese) PDF file (602 KB)
- 2020 ਮਹੱਤਵਪੂਰਣ ਟੈਕਸ ਜਾਣਕਾਰੀ ਅਪਡੇਟ (Punjabi) PDF file (472 KB)
- 2020 Update sa Mahalagang Impormasyon Sa Buwis (Tagalog) PDF file (299 KB)
- 2020 Cập nhật thông tin quan trọng về thuế (Vietnamese) PDF file (342 KB)
- 2020 Aviso Importante sobre Información de Impuestos (Spanish) PDF file (305 KB)
- 2020 중요한 세금 정보 업데이트 (Korean) PDF file (462 KB)
- اطلاعات مهم و به روز در مورد مالیات 2020 (Farsi) PDF file (310 KB)
- معلومات مستجدة وهامة عن الضرائب 2020 (Arabic) PDF file (311 KB)
- 2020 Mise à jour importante concernant les renseignements sur les taxes (French) PDF file (301 KB)
Understanding your taxes in depth
Learn how property tax rates are set and what influences the tax rate on your property. Find the current property tax rates.
We have asked the Province to revise the legislation to create a new commercial sub-class for property taxes.
Recently moved or own multiple properties? Update your address with BC Assessment to keep your contact information current.
Residential properties valued above $3 million (before land averaging is applied) may be subject to the additional tax.
We provide land assessment averaging to give temporary relief to property owners by phasing in tax increases over time.
Learn about local improvements: what they are, your payment options, how to pay and more.
You may get a revised tax notice if you win an appeal of your property assessment against BC Assessments.
New owner or developer? Learn about and how to request apportionment—the re-distribution of the taxes from the property developer to the new strata properties.