Until further notice, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is restricting the movement of plant material and soil out of the False Creek and Downtown area.
This means you cannot move:
- Rooted plants and soil outside the area, year round
- Above-ground plant parts outside the area between June 15 and October 15, the season adult beetles fly
If you do not follow these rules, you will be fined by the CFIA.
On this page
Our temporary transfer station for green waste and plants mixed with soil is open from June 14 to October 15.
Use your green bin first.
There are no changes to green bin collection.
The temporary transfer station is only for excess green waste (no food waste) that will not fit in your green bin.
Bring small quantities - a pick-up truck load - only.
If you need to dispose of more, contact the CFIA for a Movement Certificate at:
Green waste including grass clippings, leaves, and branches
Plants mixed with soil, including root balls and sod
301 W 1st Ave
Open June 14 to October 15, 2021
|Monday to Friday||2pm to 6pm|
|Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays||Closed|
|Green waste (grass, leaves, and other green waste)||
$25: 1/2 pickup load
|Landscapers with quantities bigger than one pickup truck must get a Movement Certificate from the CFIA. Call 604-292-5742.|
|Plants mixed with soil including root balls and sod||$15 / load||Limit: 1 wheelbarrow|
Pay onsite using debit, Mastercard, Visa, or American Express only. Cash is not accepted.
Monthly invoicing is an option for commercial customers only.
Send questions to us about the treatment plan for public land using our online form.
View all other topics below to see which organization to contact.
- Identify regulated area
- Restrict plant, soil, and landscape waste movement
- Permits for moving restricted waste
- Place traps for beetles
- Intake reported beetle sightings
- Eradication effort
- Decision to eradicate Japanese beetle
- Treatment product being used
- Beetle education and awareness
- Impact on landscape business