What you need to know before you arrive:
- Facility drop-ins for pool sessions are not available. Swim sessions must be registered online in advance.
- Arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your start time and no later than your session start time.
- Admission begins five minutes before the swim session start time. If you are late for your session, you will need to wait before you can enter.
- Entry for Hillcrest Aquatic Centre and Vancouver Aquatic Centre will only be permitted up to five minutes after the session start time to ensure safety and physical distancing.
- Arrive in your clean swimwear as entry may or may not be permitted due to safety capacity in change rooms. Our ability to offer you entry varies by location.
- Leave all valuables at home. Lockers are limited.
- Merchandise and towel rentals are not available.
- Kickboards, pull buoys, and other equipment are not available for rental, but patrons may bring their own.
- Snorkels are not permitted unless equipped with a purge valve.
When you arrive, here's what to expect:
- Stay 2 metres apart from people who aren't in your household or social bubble.
- Follow the signs to the new entrances. There's one for ticket holders and one for drop-ins.
- Follow the entrance and exit signs for the washrooms.
- Facilities are one-directional to maximize safety and customer efficiency.
- After your swim, take a rinsing shower limited to 1-2 minutes
- Exit the facility within 10 minutes at the end of your swim session.
- Follow staff directions and ask for assistance if needed
Customers who don't follow the rules and safety guidelines of the pool may be asked to leave without a refund or prevented from registering for future sessions.
- Each double-wide lane has a capacity of six swimmers
- Do not change lanes if it will result in having more than six swimmers in a lane.
- Maintain a minimum of five metres between swimmers in front of you
- Do not stop to rest at the end of the lane. Climb out of the pool to rest on the deck.
- Swimming lessons will be offered at all our eight indoor pools and Maple Grove outdoor pool starting on the week of July 5.
- Registration for pre-school and Swim Kids lessons start on June 16, 9am. Note Infant, toddler, and adult lessons are not available at this time.
- There is limited capacity in the number of lessons offered and the number of students per activity to allow for physical distancing.
If you are unable to attend a swim session for which you have registered, you must cancel in advance to receive a refund. Cancellation requests should be submitted by accessing your account at vanrec.ca by 11:59pm the day before your session. Requests by phone or in-person must be done by 3pm the day before your session or by Friday 3pm for weekend sessions.
Due to COVID-19 safety requirements, our pool capacity is so limited and we are often sold out. If you do not show up for your session or your access is denied due to late arrival, there will be no refund.
Facility drop-ins are not available for swim sessions
Registration opens three days in advance, and closes 30 minutes before the session starts. Effective February 16, 2021, you will be limited to booking one session per person per day. Any additional sessions you have booked in a day will be cancelled.
Flexipasses and 10-visit passes are accepted for online session registration. Flexipass holders can now contact a recreation facility to reactivate pass, request a credit on account, receive a refund, or keep pass suspended temporarily.
No-show guidelines apply to all registered pool sessions, including sessions registered with a pass. If unable to attend a session for which you have registered, you must cancel in advance by accessing your vanrec.ca account. Learn more about the no-show guidelines
Tip: In the registration system, filter swim sessions by location(s) to get sessions at your preferred pool.
Registration for a swim session allows for multiple participants. After selecting this activity, you can add a participant within the same age bracket by using the "purchase multiple admissions for this activity" field. Additional participants within another age bracket can be added by choosing "register another participant for this activity" key.
Bubble Swims are sessions for a group of up to 8 people, including adults and children, from the same household. Sessions are 45 minutes long and take place in the warm, and shallow teach pool. Only one adult per household is required to register for these swims.
- The 100% discount is automatically applied to City of Vancouver residents who are currently enrolled in LAP.
- Ensure that your account is set up correctly and that your pass is linked to your current account.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a problem with your account.
- If you don't have a OneCard or you're not a current LAP member, you will need to pay the regular admission fee.
- Bring your OneCard when you arrive at the pool.