What you need to know before you arrive:
- Arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your start time and no later than your session start time.
- We are often sold out and we will offer all available spots to people waiting at the swim session start time. There are no refunds for late arrivals.
- If the swim is not full, you will need to wait before you can enter. Entry may or may not be permitted due to safety capacity in change rooms and pool. Our ability to offer you entry varies by location.
- Entry for Hillcrest Aquatic Centre and Vancouver Aquatic Centre will only be permitted up to 5 minutes after session start time for the purposes of safety and physical distancing.
- Capacity at the pool sessions is limited, demand is high, and reserved spaces are often sold out. If you have a reservation and do not arrive by the start time of the session, one of the following scenarios will occur:
- If the session is full, a person standing in line will be admitted in your place at the start time. You will lose the ability to access the session and no refund will be given.
- If the session is full and no one is standing in line to take your place and you arrive within a period of time that does not conflict with change room safety capacity, you will be admitted for whatever time is remaining.
- If the session is not full and there is no conflict with change room safety capacity, you will be admitted for whatever time is remaining. If there is a conflict you will not be admitted and no refund will be given.
- Arrive in your clean swimwear. Change room access is limited.
- Leave all valuables at home. Lockers are limited.
- Merchandise and towel rentals are not available.
- Kickboards, pull buoys, and other equipment are not available for rental, but patrons may bring their own.
- Snorkels are not permitted unless equipped with a purge valve.
When you arrive, here's what to expect:
- Stay 2 metres apart from people who aren't in your household or social bubble.
- Follow the signs to the new entrances. There's one for ticket holders and one for drop-ins.
- Follow the entrance and exit signs for the washrooms.
- Facilities are one-directional to maximize safety and customer efficiency.
- After your swim, take a rinsing shower limited to 1-2 minutes
- Exit the facility within 10 minutes at the end of your swim session.
- Follow staff directions and ask for assistance if needed
Customers who don't follow the rules and safety guidelines of the pool may be asked to leave without a refund or prevented from registering for future sessions.
- Each double-wide lane has a capacity of six swimmers
- Do not change lanes if it will result in having more than six swimmers in a lane.
- Maintain a minimum of five metres between swimmers in front of you
- Do not stop to rest at the end of the lane. Climb out of the pool to rest on the deck.
Refunds are only available when requested by 3pm on the day before your session (by Friday 3pm for weekend sessions). Call the recreation facility where your session takes place.
Due to COVID-19 safety requirements, our pool capacity is so limited and we are often sold out. If you do not show up for your session, there will be no refund.
Find the phone number for your recreation facility
Templeton Park Pool is closed for repairs. The pool will reopen Monday, March 15.
Registration opens Thursday, March 11.
Registration opens three days in advance, and closes 30 minutes before the session starts. Effective February 16, 2021, you will be limited to booking one session per person per day. Any additional sessions you have booked in a day will be cancelled.
Tip: In the registration system, filter swim sessions by location(s) to get sessions at your preferred pool.
Flexipasses and 10-visit passes are accepted for online session registration and facility drop-ins. Flexipass holders can now contact a recreation facility to reactivate pass, request a credit on account, receive a refund, or keep pass suspended temporarily.
Bubble Swims are sessions for a group of up to 8 people, including adults and children, from the same household. Sessions are 45 minutes long and take place in the warm, and shallow teach pool.
Registration for a swim session allows for multiple participants. After selecting this activity, you can add a participant within the same age bracket by using the "purchase multiple admissions for this activity" field. Additional participants within another age bracket can be added by choosing "register another participant for this activity" key.
- 20% of the pools' capacity is reserved for drop-in patrons.
- Contactless payment is preferred, but cash is accepted.
- The 100% discount is automatically applied to City of Vancouver residents who are currently enrolled in LAP.
- Ensure that your account is set up correctly and that your pass is linked to your current account.
- Email email@example.com if you have a problem with your account.
- If you don't have a OneCard or you're not a current LAP member, you will need to pay the regular admission fee.
- Bring your OneCard when you arrive at the pool.