What you need to know before you arrive:
- All session times are on a drop-in basis, with the exception of Aquafit.
- Contactless payment is preferred, but cash is accepted.
- For the safety of patrons and staff, there will be a minimum of two pool and change room closures throughout the day for enhanced cleaning. Closures are at the end of a swim session and require participants to exit the facility within 15 minutes of the end of the session. Pass scan or payment is required for re-admission.
- Check individual facilities for their cleaning closure schedule. Closures vary by site.
When you arrive, here's what to expect:
- Masks are mandatory indoors, except when participating in sports and fitness.
- After your swim, take a rinsing shower limited to one to two minutes.
- Follow staff directions and ask for assistance, if needed.
Information icon Patrons who don’t follow the rules and safety guidelines of the pool may be asked to leave without a refund, or prevented from registering for future sessions.
- The majority of Aquafit spaces will be pre-registered with some spaces held for drop-in. To avoid disappointment we encourage participants to pre-register.
- Aquafit registrants will be required to wear a wrist-band.
- Swimming lessons are offered at all eight indoor pools for pre-school, children, and youth age groups.
- Infant, toddler, and adult lessons are not available at this time.
- There is limited capacity in the number of lessons offered and the number of students per activity.
- If you are unsure of which level to register in, we offer swim assessments during our public swims. Connect with a lifeguard during your public swim visit to arrange a swim assessment. If your child is under 8 years, we require a parent or guardian to assist in the water during the assessment.
- Children registered in an inappropriate level will be moved to the proper level if space is available or refunded from the lesson.
If you are unable to attend a swim session for which you have registered, please cancel in advance to receive a refund. Cancellation requests should be submitted by accessing your account at vanrec.ca by 11:59pm the day before your session. Requests by phone or in-person must be done by 3pm the day before your session or by Friday 3pm for weekend sessions. Missed sessions will not be refunded.
Online registration for most swim sessions are no longer required.
Advanced online registration for Aquafit sessions will still be recommended to secure a spot. A limited number of Aquafit drop-in spots will be available in person, on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Registration opens three days in advance, and closes 30 minutes before the session starts.
Flexipasses and 10-visit passes are accepted for online session registration. If unable to attend a session for which you have registered, you must cancel in advance by accessing your vanrec.ca account.
- The 100% discount is automatically applied to City of Vancouver residents who are currently enrolled in the LAP.
- Ensure that your account is set up correctly and that your pass is linked to your current account.
- Email email@example.com if you have a problem with your account.
- If you are currently not an LAP member or do not have a OneCard, you will need to pay the regular admission fee.
- Bring your OneCard when you arrive at the pool.