January 5 - Collection update
Garbage and green bin collection services have resumed.
Green bins will be collected every two weeks (not every week) throughout the winter on the same day that garbage is collected.
Weekly green bin service will resume on March 6, 2023.
Find your pickup days by clicking these collection schedules, or enter your address into VanCollect below.
Blue box recycling collection in Vancouver is provided by GFL Environmental on behalf of Recycle BC External website, opens in new tab.
Recycle BC will continue to collect your recycling (blue box, yellow bag, and grey box) on a weekly basis. Changes to the green bin collection schedule do not impact blue box collection.
1. Check why your items weren't picked up
If there is no tag on your bins explaining why your items weren't picked up, check if:
- They were not set out by 7am on the collection day
- The collection crew has not reached the address yet (crews work in some areas until 8pm)
- A statutory holiday has changed the collection schedule
Other reasons why items may be missed include:
- Unusual weather
- Construction or other traffic delays
- Unexpected equipment breakdowns
- Vegetation encroachments or parked vehicles near bins
- Unacceptable items or decal on bins
If none of the above conditions apply and you think we missed your pickup, continue to step 2.
2. Enter your information to report a missed pickup
Enter your address or, if you have entered your address before, select the collection that was missed and follow the directions provided.
3. Help us collect your garbage and green bin
If collection crews could not pick up the contents of your bins:
- Read the missed pickup tag carefully.
- Correct the problem.
Find ways to dispose of items the City does not pick up
- Place accepted items out on your next scheduled garbage or recycling collection date.
What the City picks up
Reporting a missed recycling collection
GFL Environmental (formerly Smithrite Disposal Ltd) collects your recycling.
Phone 604-282-7966 or email email@example.com to report a missed recycling collection.