Important reminder: Green bin collection every second week
Until the end of February, green bin collection will occur every 2 weeks and will line up with your regular garbage day. Weekly green bin service will resume the week of March 4.
1. Check why your items weren't picked up
If there is no tag on your bins explaining why your items weren't picked up, check if:
- They were not set out by 7am on the collection day
- The collection crew has not reached the address yet (crews work in some areas until 8pm)
- A statutory holiday has changed the collection schedule
Other reasons why items may be missed include:
- Unusual weather
- Construction or other traffic delays
- Unexpected equipment breakdowns
- Vegetation encroachments or parked vehicles near bins
- Unacceptable items or decal on bins
If none of the above conditions apply and you think we missed your pickup, continue to step 2.
2. Enter your information to report a missed pickup
Enter your address or, if you have entered your address before, select the collection that was missed and follow the directions provided.
3. Help us collect your garbage and green bin
If collection crews could not pick up the contents of your bins:
- Read the missed pickup tag carefully.
- Correct the problem.
Find ways to dispose of items the City does not pick up
- Place accepted items out on your next scheduled garbage or recycling collection date.
What the City picks up
Reporting a missed recycling collection
GFL Environmental (formerly Smithrite Disposal Ltd) collects your recycling.
Phone 604-282-7966 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to report a missed recycling collection.