1. Check why your items weren't picked up
If there is no tag on your bins explaining why your items weren't picked up, check if:
- They were not set out by 7am on the collection day
- The collection crew has not reached the address yet (crews work in some areas until 8pm)
- A statutory holiday has changed the collection schedule
- Unusual weather, construction, or other traffic delays, unexpected equipment breakdowns, or other operational issues
If none of the above conditions apply and you think we missed your pickup, continue to step 2.
2. Enter your information to report a missed pickup
Enter your address or, if you have entered your address before, select the collection that was missed and follow the directions provided.
3. Help us collect your garbage and green bin
If collection crews could not pick up the contents of your bins:
- Read the missed pickup tag carefully.
- Correct the problem.
Find ways to dispose of items the City does not pick up
- Place accepted items out on your next scheduled garbage or recycling collection date.
What the City picks up
Dispose of items the right way. Learn what goes in your garbage bin.
Get tips for recycling your food scraps and avoiding odours and pests.
Most yard waste can be recycled in your green bin.
Reporting a missed recycling collection
Recycling collection services for single family homes and duplexes are provided by Smithrite Disposal Ltd.
The City no longer collects curbside recycling.
Contact Smithrite Disposal Ltd to report a missed recycling collection:
Items not collected curbside
Not everything can go into your collection bins. Find out how to dispose of items at one of our facilities.