COVID-19 (Coronavirus) update
April 3, 2020: To help prevent spread and protect our waste collection staff:
- Dispose of all the following in the garbage in plastic garbage bags:
- Personal hygiene products
- Used tissues
- Cleaning cloths
- Face masks
- Sanitary wipes, even those listed as flushable or compostable
- All similar items
- Securely tie garbage bags shut and set out in your bin in your regular collection area
If you’re sick or caring for someone who is sick:
- Double bag all personal waste in plastic garbage bags
- Securely tie all bags shut and dispose of as regular residential garbage
Important information Unbagged or loose items will not be collected.
We collect residential garbage, food scraps, and yard waste for single family homes and duplexes.
If you do not have collection services, phone 3-1-1.
Your household waste collection schedule is based on your location.
GFL Environmental (formerly Smithrite Disposal Ltd) collects your recycling
Phone 604-282-7966 or email email@example.com for questions and issues about your recycling service.
Dispose of items the right way. Learn what goes in your garbage bin.
Get tips for recycling your food scraps and avoiding odours and pests.
Most yard waste can be recycled in your green bin.
Get extra garbage stickers so you can place excess garbage that won't fit in your bin in a garbage bag.
Steps to ordering garbage bins for your residence. Get rates and suggested sizes.
Steps to ordering green bins for your residence. Get sizes and rates.