COVID-19 (Coronavirus) update
May 21, 2020: Help ensure health, safety, and continued operations
- Visit our facilities ONLY if absolutely necessary; if you are unwell stay home
- If you visit our facilities, wash your hands before and after your visit and keep 2 m (6 ft) away from staff and other guests
- Defer spring cleaning to help prevent overloading residential waste collection and depot facilities
- Follow disposal guidelines for garbage and organic waste
- Store bulky and recyclable items at home until the pandemic is over
Changes at our facilities:
- Access is restricted to respect physical distancing so expect delays
- Walk-ins not permitted (vehicles only)
- Debit and credit payment only (cash/cheques not accepted)
- Free waste disposal during May at the landfill
- Compost giveaway during May at the landfill
- Clothing and textiles drop-off
- Backyard composter sales
- NEW drywall drop-off (USED drywall still accepted at Vancouver Landfill)
- Landfill open house
- Landfill tours
Recyclables deserve a second chance. Items that are not collected in your curbside program may be recycled at one of our drop-off facilities along with curbside recyclables in larger quantities.
We own and operate a recycling depot and transfer station in south Vancouver, as well as an engineered landfill and residential recycling depot in Delta.
Did you know
Most recyclables are banned from disposal as garbage in Metro Vancouver.
Enter an item below to see how to recycle or safely dispose of it.
Where to take items
Find information on managing large quantities of residential recyclables in Vancouver.
Your destination for disposing of oversized items, yard and garden waste and clean wood.
A waste disposal facility and recycling depot all in one. Find out more about our landfill in Delta.
Not sure if it can be recycled or where to take it? We can help!
Are you a business? View information about waste disposal and recycling for businesses.
Used drywall from businesses and contractors is not accepted at the Landfill.
Recycle your mattress, box spring, or futon at our transfer station or landfill.
Find out how to prepare and dispose of residential asbestos waste at the Vancouver Landfill in Delta.
Yard waste and clean, unfinished wood can be dropped off at the transfer station or landfill.