Repairs are underway at the Vancouver South Transfer Station Green yard area from February 20 to 28. We are still accepting all commercial and residential loads.
The Vancouver Zero Waste Centre (formerly the Recycling Depot) provides a convenient location for residents to drop off a wide range of materials for reuse and recycling, free of charge, including materials:
- Requiring special handling to protect the environment, such as batteries and propane tanks
- In larger quantities than your curbside bins can hold, particularly if you are moving or doing seasonal cleaning
Caution: Drop off garbage at the Transfer Station before dropping off recycling at the Zero Waste Centre due to left turn restrictions on Kent Ave North.
8588 Yukon Street
|Monday to Saturday
|8am to 6pm
|9am to 6pm
|Christmas Day and New Year's Day
|All other statutory holidays unless otherwise noted
|9am to 4pm
Donate reusable shopping bags
Do you have a stack of reusable shopping bags at home that you don't need or use? Donate them to residents in need.
Donated bags will be made available to residents with low incomes and people experiencing homelessness.
Materials accepted at other locations
Use the Waste Wizard to find drop-off locations.
Preparing items for drop-off
If you are dropping off materials accepted for free at the Zero Waste Centre and materials accepted for a fee at the Transfer Station, we recommend you:
- Sort your materials by product type before loading.
- Load your vehicle with free recyclables first.
- Load garbage and recyclable items requiring a fee next so they can be dropped off first at the Transfer Station before you go to the Zero Waste Centre for recycling.