Help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and protect our waste collection staff
- Dispose of all the following in the garbage in plastic garbage bags:
- Personal hygiene products
- Used tissues
- Cleaning cloths
- Face masks
- Sanitary wipes, even those listed as flushable or compostable
- All similar items
- Securely tie garbage bags shut and set out in your bin in your regular collection area
If you’re sick or caring for someone who is sick
- Double bag all personal waste in plastic garbage bags
- Securely tie all bags shut and dispose of as regular residential garbage
Unbagged or loose items will not be collected.
Enter an item below to see how to recycle or safely dispose of it.
Flexible plastic packaging, including potato chip bags, Ziplock bags, bubble wrap, and candy wrappers, can be recycled at:
Important If we find banned items in your garbage bin, your garbage may not get collected. Please remove any banned items so we can pick up your garbage next time.
On collection day, we pick up garbage bags that have extra-garbage stickers.
Important If your garbage bin is overflowing, our crews may not collect it. Please make sure the lid on your garbage bin can fully close.
- Place all of your food scraps in your green bin for weekly collection.
- Make sure to keep your garbage cart lid closed tightly.
- Rinse food packaging.
- Empty contents of diapers and pet waste bags into the toilet.
- Double-bag diapers and personal hygiene products.
- Sprinkle baking soda on your garbage.