We have partnered with ArtStarts in Schools to support emerging artists through Creative Spark Vancouver. Creative Spark Vancouver provides small grants to emerging artists.
About Creative Spark Vancouver
Creative Spark Vancouver supports emerging artists (of any age and any artistic or cultural discipline) to engage young people ages 5 to 18 in arts-based projects and gain experience on small projects that could lead to:
- New career opportunities
- New community relationships
- Different perspectives on arts and education
- Future learning opportunities
- Exciting multi-faceted projects
There are two application deadlines in the spring and fall. The grants offer 100% funding for small projects, up to $3,000 for individual emerging artists and $5,000 for groups/collectives of emerging artists.
What the grant funds
The grants offer 100% funding for small projects, up to $3,000 for individual emerging artists and $5,000 for groups/collectives of emerging artists.
Grant funds are intended to cover:
- Artist fees
- Project materials and supplies
Submission deadline: There are two application deadlines in the spring and fall.
Who should apply for the grant
The grant is designed for you, if you're:
- An emerging artist looking to explore career opportunities
- Interested in working with young people, particularly those from equity-seeking communities
- Have a project idea but don’t have the funds to cover the required materials and supplies
- Critically engaged in processes of reconciliation, decolonization, equity, and accessibility.
A minimum of 50% of the available funding goes to emerging artists from Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh Nations and from equity-seeking communities.
You must be either a:
- Resident of the City of Vancouver
- Resident and member of the Musqueam, Squamish, or Tsleil-Waututh First Nations