Arts and culture facilities are essential to every vibrant, healthy community.
Cultural spaces grants support Vancouver-based arts and cultural spaces operated by non-profit cultural societies, co-ops, registered charities, xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam Indian Band), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish Nation), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh Nation) or urban Indigenous non-profit organizations.
Types of grants
The grants program includes the following facility operating and capital infrastructure, planning, and urgent life-safety grants.
Key dates for spring 2023
|Statement of Intent to Apply (SOI) opens:||January 10, 2023|
|Applications open:||January 17, 2023|
|SOI deadline:||February 24, 2023|
|Application deadline:||March 8, 2023|
|Applications assessed:||April 2023|
|Recommendations to Council:||May 2023|
How to apply
- Confirm eligibility. To ensure you are eligible, review the Capital Grants information guide PDF file (460 KB), the Affordable Spaces Grants information guide PDF file (385 KB), or both.
- At least three weeks prior to the SOI deadline, February 24, 2023, contact cultural planners for access to the online grants portal:
- If your organization and project appear eligible, you will be invited to submit an online application.
- 2022 fall grant recipient intake PDF file (241 KB)
- 2022 spring grant recipient intake PDF file (250 KB)
View the previous years' Cultural Grant allocations:
- 2021 fall grant recipient intake PDF file (245 KB)
- 2021 PDF file (446 KB)
- 2020 PDF file (570 KB)
- 2019 PDF file (391 KB)
- 2018 PDF file (488 KB)
View previous recipients of Vancouver's Cultural Infrastructure Grants: who received grants, how much the grant was, and what the grant will be used for.
Contact Cultural Services
453 West 12th Ave
Vancouver, BC V5Y 1V4