We're always seeking peer assessors for a variety of opportunities to advance key directions of Culture|Shift: Blanketing the City in Arts and Culture.
Cultural Services works with assessment committees to review applications for civic cultural funding, commissions, and awards to help make recommendations to City Council for support.
We're seeking members who represent a diversity of artistic genres and cultural practices, roles in the cultural sector, ages, and lived experience.
We're committed to a minimum of 50% representation of people who are from equity seeking communities.
What are peer assessors?
- Are interested in Culture|Shift values that uplift reconciliation and decolonization; cultural equity and accessibility; affordable, accessible, secure spaces; and collaboration and capacity
- Have existing connections and have lived experience in Vancouver’s arts, culture, and creative communities
- Are comfortable evaluating grant applications against a variety of criteria including evaluation of artistic works, organizational capacity, and community impact of non-profit arts, culture, and creative organizations in Vancouver
- Have the time and capacity for a high volume of reading and preparation
- Are available for up to three days for meetings usually between 9am and 6pm
Assessors will be paid a fee for their participation (reading and meeting fees).
How to apply
Any interested artists, cultural practitioners, and administrators in any artistic discipline or creative practice are invited to apply.
Complete a self-nomination form and email it to email@example.com. You may include a resume with your application.