Does your non-profit organization have innovative ideas to build the capacity of individuals and communities to raise awareness about and respond to issues of homelessness in Vancouver?
If so, you may be eligible for a Homelessness Action Week (HAW) grant and Supportive Housing grant.
Grants are intended to support Vancouver-based non-profit societies that want to host an event or do a project in Vancouver that keeps within the spirit of HAW and supports residents living in supportive housing.
Information icon For 2020, projects that are designed to directly respond to HAW goals in light of COVID-19 response, COVID-19 recovery, or events aligned with current public health requirements will be considered.
A limited number of grants are given every year, see the guidelines below for more information.
|Application deadline||November 6, 2020|
Information icon The grant call for 2020 was delayed due to COVID-19.
You can apply for this grant if your organization:
- Is a registered British Columbia non-profit society or Canada Revenue Agency registered charity based in Vancouver, in good standing
- Has a proven track record for delivering projects or services, or hosting events
- Is designing a project to directly benefit people who are experiencing homelessness, recently experienced homelessness, or at risk of homelessness within your local neighborhood
This year, Homelessness Action Week (HAW) occurs October 11 to 17, 2020. Events or projects may occur within one year of City Council’s approval of the grant.
How to apply
Submit your completed application:
- To the Homelessness Services Department by 4:30pm on Friday, November 6, 2020
- Electronically with signatures. Contact us at at 604-673-8443 or email@example.com, if you cannot submit electronically
- With the required material and with responses to each question
Contact the Homelessness Services Department
390 Powell St
Vancouver BC, V6A 3G4
If you're a service provider who would like to be added to the HAW grant distribution list, email firstname.lastname@example.org