Vantage Point bursaries: Free professional development workshops and labs
Our Social Policy Division works with Vantage Point to help strengthen Vancouver’s not-for-profit sector. This partnership provides bursaries to staff and board members of eligible organizations to attend workshops, labs, and other learning opportunities at no cost.
Vantage Point is a local not-for-profit organization that supports other non-profits by offering professional development on board governance, leadership, performance management, and recruitment.
What the bursaries include
Each year, organizations may be eligible to receive bursaries for a maximum of two seats in workshops and participation of one staff person in an advanced learning lab.
Additional offerings may be available on a case-by-case basis dependent on demand and budget availability.
Examples of Vantage Point workshops and labs
- Employee Engagement
- Evaluating your Executive Director
- Evaluation 101 for Board members
- Executive Director: Leading your Board
- Fierce Conversations 2 day Workshop
- Knowledge Philanthropy: How to Find & engage Skilled Volunteers
- Strategic Planning 101
- Succession Planning
- The Abundant Not-For-Profit: An Introduction
- Understanding the BC Society Act
Advanced learning labs include:
- Executive Lab: Creating strong Leadership
- Governance Lab: Building Outstanding Boards
- Leaders Lab: Lead, Govern and Manage your Organization with Excellence
You can apply for this grant if your organization is a Vancouver-based, non-profit, community services or childcare organization that meets one of the following criteria:
- Receives operating support from the City through our:
- Childcare Enhancement Grants
- Childcare Reserve Grants
- Direct Social Service Grants
- Hastings Legacy Fund
- Neighbourhood Organization Grants
- Organizational Capacity Building Grants
- Sustainable Food System Grants
- Has received a one-time-only project grant in the current or previous calendar year for more than $15,000 from our:
- Social Innovation Project Grants
- Social Responsibility Funds
- Capital Project Grants
- Is the primary not-for-profit leaseholder of a City-owned or -leased facility, and has a social service or childcare mandate
How to apply
For workshop bursaries:
For advanced lab bursaries, complete the application form specific to the lab.