The Sustainable Food Systems (SFS) Grant funds projects that:
- Support the principles, goals, and actions outlined in the Vancouver Food Strategy and aim to address issues such as food access, diversity of voices and inclusion, and resilience
- Support organizations that build coalitions of community members and organizations, agencies or businesses with the aim of working collaboratively to achieve food systems goals
- Increase access to healthy, affordable, and culturally diverse food for residents
- Promote inclusion, participation, celebration, skill-building, or community capacity-building;
- Operate at the neighbourhood scale
|Deadline date for 2021 applications||October 2020|
From 2018-2020, the SFS Grant was offered as a closed grant on a three-year cycle, providing opportunity for annual renewal to the applicants originally awarded the grant in 2018.
Given the many changes in program operations this year due to COVID-19 impacts, the closed grant cycle is being extended for one additional year (2021). Organizations who received the grant in 2020 have been contacted regarding the application process.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the grant stream or food policy.