The PayByPhone app allows you to:
- Park for up to four hours after 6pm
- Park overnight by paying ahead for the next day
- Extend your parking session using your phone
- Get the app in Spanish, Chinese, or Punjabi
- Get receipts by email or access them online
- Get text alerts before your time expires
Get a PayByPhone account
Visit the PayByPhone website External website, opens in new tab or phone 604-909-7275 (PARK) and provide the following information:
- Cell phone number
- Credit card number (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express)
- Licence plate number
Your details are saved and automatically recognized when you pay by phone. Your credit card number is encrypted, never entered, displayed, or spoken during a transaction.
Unsure about creating an account?
- You can use the PayByPhone guest account External website, opens in new tab
- Pay at the parking meter:
- Using coins
- Pay with your credit card at select meters and paystations (Your information is encrypted and sent electronically to the payment centre)
Avoid getting a parking ticket
- Do not park at a broken meter
- Report broken meters
- Do not keep putting coins into the meter as we can only refund up to $2
- Ensure you select and pay for the correct licence plate
- Get back to your car before the meter runs out of time
Learn more about parking regulations
Parking when there is no signage
Find out the rules for parking on unsigned streets and lanes, including corner clearance, driveway and garage clearance, and angle parking.
Parking when there is signage
Find out the rules for parking on streets and lanes when there is signage.
Find the rules about parking a large vehicle, including trailers, in Vancouver.
Street & Traffic Bylaw
Regulates traffic, the use of streets, and the size and weight of vehicles that are permitted to travel on City of Vancouver streets.