To support essential workers working longer and more frequent shifts, we're temporarily suspending enforcement for:
- Metered parking
- Rush-hour zones
- Residential permit-parking zones
- Parking time limits, including the three-hour parking restriction
To help ensure street parking is available for healthcare and essential workers, please avoid street parking if you have off-street options.
Parking-enforcement officers will continue to enforce:
- Parking in spots designated for people with disabilities
- Safety violations
- Impeding the movement of others
- Special zones that must remain open for other purposes
We'll monitor the situation and modify parking enforcement as needed, or if there are safety or community concerns.
Online permit parking sales and renewals will continue to be available. If you have a current permit on your vehicle, it will remain valid as issued.
A residential parking permit will allow you to park in your neighbourhood, but it may not guarantee parking in front of your property or in some cases, your block.
Streets with residential parking:
- Help manage parking where on street parking is in high demand
- Combine restricted resident parking with time-limited spaces for visitors
- May be subject to temporary closure for construction, filming, and street cleaning;
it's your responsibility to be aware of these temporary changes and find alternate parking in these instances
Know the rules
Remember to affix your decal to your vehicle's windshield upon receipt.
Your permit is valid if:
- You park within the zone that your residential address is in (for example: if you have a West End decal, you cannot park in the Mount Pleasant zone)
- Your vehicle licence plate number matches the number printed on the decal
Your permit is invalid if:
- You move, change your vehicle, or licence plate
- The decal is altered
Buy your annual, short-term, or visitor residential parking permit online, over the phone, or in person.
Find out how to replace your parking decal if your vehicle is damaged, stolen, or changed, or your decal is misplaced.
View the steps to requesting a new or changing an existing residential permit zone in your neighbourhood.
Learn about our strategy to make it easier to find parking in the West End.