COVID-19 (Coronavirus) update
April 30, 2020: Parking enforcement will resume across the city. Parking-enforcement efforts will focus on priority and problem areas such as:
- Metered-parking areas
- Time-limited areas
- Residential-permit parking zones with little to no availability
Restarting parking enforcement will allow healthcare and homecare workers to find parking spots more easily as they work to keep their communities safe.
A residential parking permit will allow you to park in your neighbourhood, but it may not guarantee parking in front of your property or in some cases, your block.
Streets with residential parking:
- Help manage parking where on street parking is in high demand
- Combine restricted resident parking with time-limited spaces for visitors
- May be subject to temporary closure for construction, filming, and street cleaning;
it's your responsibility to be aware of these temporary changes and find alternate parking in these instances
Know the rules
Remember to affix your decal to your vehicle's windshield upon receipt.
Your permit is valid if:
- You park within the zone that your residential address is in (for example: if you have a West End decal, you cannot park in the Mount Pleasant zone)
- Your vehicle licence plate number matches the number printed on the decal
Your permit is invalid if:
- You move, change your vehicle, or licence plate
- The decal is altered
Guelph, Industrial, and Mount Pleasant Permits
Buy your permit for the year before August 31, 2020. Buy your permit for the coming year starting August 1, 2020.
If you do not meet the requirements to apply for a permit online, phone 3-1-1.
Buy your annual, short-term, or visitor residential parking permit online, over the phone, or in person.
Find out how to replace your parking decal if your vehicle is damaged, stolen, or changed, or your decal is misplaced.
View the steps to requesting a new or changing an existing residential permit zone in your neighbourhood.
Learn about our strategy to make it easier to find parking in the West End.