What you need to know
First time buying a permit? Before you buy, get familiar with the rules, eligibility, required documents, fees, zones, and more.
Renew your permit starting on the first day of the month that your permit expires – just buy a new permit for the year ahead.
Broadway and Joyce parking permits
Buy your permit for the year before January 31, 2021. Buy your permit for the coming year starting January 1, 2021.
If you do not meet the requirements to apply for a permit online, phone 3-1-1.
Buy a permit online or by phone
You can buy your permit online or by phone if you meet all 3 requirements. You are the:
- Resident of the permit zone
- Registered owner or lessee of the vehicle
- Declared principal operator of the vehicle and have valid ICBC insurance that shows your current address on both pages 1 and 2 of your insurance documents
West End resident?
To buy a permit by phone, call 3-1-1 (open 7am to 10pm daily).
Buy a permit in person
You need to buy your permit in person if you are:
- The declared principal operator of the vehicle and have ICBC insurance that shows a different mailing address on page 1 from your address in the permit zone on page 2
- The driver of someone else's vehicle, driver of a company car, dual resident, homecare provider, student from outside of BC, or a new resident from out of province
- Purchasing a short term or visitor permit
- Applying for the West End Zone Permit at the non-market rate and aren't enrolled in the Leisure Access Program
- Paying with cash or debit
Know the rules
Find out if you are eligible for a permit
Gather the required documents for an annual permit
Review the annual permit fees and a detailed map of each permit zone
Gather the required documents for a short-term or visitor permit
Find out where you can apply in person for your parking permit
Know where to attach your decal
Find out where and how to get a refund