First time buying a permit? Before you buy, get familiar with the rules, eligibility, required documents, fees, zones, and more.
Renew your permit starting on the first day of the month that your permit expires – just buy a new permit for the year ahead.
Due to the closure of all Park Board community centres, the West End Parking Desk is closed until further notice.
To purchase a permit, phone 3-1-1 or visit City Hall at 453 W 12th Ave.
All Fairview and Kitsilano Point permits that expire on March 31 will be honoured until April 30. Buy your permit for the year ahead before April 30.
Buy a permit online or by phone
You can buy your permit online or by phone if you meet all 3 requirements. You are the:
- Resident of the permit zone
- Registered owner or lessee of the vehicle
- Declared principal operator of the vehicle and have valid ICBC insurance that shows your current address on both pages 1 and 2 of your insurance documents
To buy a permit by phone, call 3-1-1 (open 7am to 10pm daily).
Buy a permit in person
You need to buy your permit in person if you are:
- The declared principal operator of the vehicle and have ICBC insurance that shows a different mailing address on page 1 from your address in the permit zone on page 2
- The driver of someone else's vehicle, driver of a company car, dual resident, homecare provider, student from outside of BC, or a new resident from out of province
- Purchasing a short term or visitor permit
- Applying for the West End Zone Permit at the non-market rate and aren't enrolled in the Leisure Access Program
Know the rules
Find out if you are eligible for a permit
Gather the required documents for an annual permit
Review the annual permit fees and a detailed map of each permit zone
Gather the required documents for a short-term or visitor permit
Find out where you can apply in person for your parking permit
Know where to attach your decal
Find out where and how to get a refund