|Elevation change||23 m|
Everett Crowley Park is a green sanctuary, offering a lush woodland feel. It is located in the neighbourhood of Killarney between South East Marine Drive and E 63rd Avenue on Kerr Street. This circular route is 2.37 km or approximately 3,110 steps, and will take about 35 minutes to walk. The 38.03 hectare park can be access by a parking lot on the east side of Kerr Street. There are several trails which vary in surface quality from narrow bark mulch paths, to wider compacted gravel walkways.
Originally a coniferous forest of cedar and hemlock trees, this area was defined by its natural ravine, salmonbearing creek and waterfall. As recently as 1850 it was undisturbed forest, but has since gone through multiple phases of use including hunting, logging, and orchard land. In 1944, the area became the Kerr Road Dump, and functioned as a landfill until 1967. Twenty years later it was officially opened as a park, and named after Everett Crowley, a Park Board Commissioner serving from 1962-1964. Crowley was a long time resident of the area, and owner of Vancouver’s last working dairy called “Avalon”.
Points of interest
All gravel paths throughout the park including some with slight inclines are wheelchair accessible.
Bark mulch trails can be uneven and may not be accessible.