Before you apply for an adjudication hearing
- Check the water restrictions webpage to verify the allowable watering times and practices. Your ticket may be cancelled if:
- You have a valid exemption permit
- The ticket was issued to the wrong address
- A duplicate ticket was inadvertently issued for the same incident
- If you think your ticket was issued in error, complete an adjudication request form.
How the adjudication process works
The adjudication process can take up to 3 months to finalize.
Once you dispute your ticket, you can only cancel your dispute by paying your ticket prior to your hearing.
Keep in mind:
- An adjudicator cannot reduce the ticket amount
- The issuing bylaw officer does not need to attend the hearing
- A $25 adjudication fee is charged in addition to your ticket if the ticket is upheld
- You must submit a separate application for each ticket you choose to dispute
- A paid ticket cannot be disputed
Steps in the adjudication process
Pay your ticket now
Have a ticket adjudicated
Know the water restrictions
Avoid getting a ticket by knowing when you can water your lawn or garden, and by preventing water wastage.