Lord Byng Fitness Centre — located at 3990 West 14th Ave. — is a community exercise and weight room inside the Lord Byng Pool.
We have cardio and strength machines, weights, and indoor bicycles.
The sauna, whirlpool, change rooms, showers, and lockers are not available due to COVID-19 safety measures.
Register online for one-hour workout sessions
Registration opens three days in advance and closes 30 minutes before the session starts.
Flexipasses and 10-visit passes are accepted for online registration.
No-show guidelines apply to all registered fitness sessions, including sessions registered with a pass. If unable to attend a session for which you have registered, you must cancel in advance by accessing your vanrec.ca account. Learn more about the no-show guidelines
Due to COVID-19 safety measures, we have reduced and spaced apart our equipment to the following pieces:
- 1 walk/run treadmill (LifeFitness)
- 1 elliptical walk/run/step machine (LifeFitness)
- 1 indoor bicycle, upright position
- 1 indoor bicycle, recumbent position
- 1 rowing machine (Concept2)
- Adjustable bench and free weights (5 to 45 lbs)
- Strength-training machines for upper and lower body (LifeFitness, Apex)
- Functional training props