School-age Care Expansion Projects Grant Program
Grants may be available to support the creation of new licensed, school-age spaces run by non-profit operators.
This grant supports the creation of new programs as well as licensed space expansion of existing programs in two categories, programs located in:
- Vancouver School Board (VSB) facilities, or
- Non-VSB sites that are owned or leased long-term by a non-profit organization.
Grant funding to eligible organizations covers capital-related costs.
Please contact Annie Burkes to discuss your project idea.
We are accepting applications on an ongoing basis until further notice.
Organizations are encouraged to apply as early as possible (April/early May) to allow the Vancouver Board of Education to plan for summer construction.
Funding can be used to cover:
- All work done by Vancouver School Board tradespeople to meet provincial and City of Vancouver childcare licensing requirements, or capital expenditure required by licensing to make a non-VSB space suitable for licensed school age care
- Up to 10% of the grant may be used for eligible furniture, equipment, and supply expenses, City budget permitting (supplies may include computer or telephone equipment, small appliances, etc.)
How to apply
- Read the grant information sheet Word file (51 KB)
The information sheet explains:
- Eligible applicants
- Eligible expenses
- Funding priorities
- Contact Annie Burkes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-871-6429 to discuss your project.
- Download the application form. (28 KB)
- Email your completed application to email@example.com.
- Signatures are not needed on this version.