Person playing a guitar

Busking in Vancouver streets

COVID-19 (Coronavirus) update

May 27, 2020: Street entertainment permit applications are by appointment only. Email to book an appointment.

Buskers and street performers sing, dance, juggle, mime, do magic, and draw caricatures to entertain crowds and receive donations on streets.

We encourage a wide variety of street entertainment and provide permits according to performance type and content on a case by case basis.

Steps to getting a street entertainment permit

 To busk on most Vancouver sidewalks, you need a street entertainment permit.

Contact Street Activities

5th Floor
507 West Broadway
Vancouver, BC V5Z 0B4

Monday to Friday
8:30am to 5pm

Mailing address
Engineering Services
320 - 507 West Broadway
Vancouver, BC V5Z 0B4