11-storey apartment tower from the street with parked cars

Residential rental property business licences

To rent your residential property, you need a rental property business licence. Even if you hire a property manager.

Choose from three types of licences based on:

  • How long you'll rent your residence
  • If you live there

Short-term rentals

Rent the home you live in for less than 30 days at a time.

Bed and breakfasts

Rent up to two rooms in the home you live in for less than 30 days at a time and include breakfast.

Long-term rentals

Rent a residential property you own, including an investment property, for 30 days or more at a time.

Contact the business licence offices

Location to pay only:
Revenue Services
Ground Floor, City Hall
453 West 12th Avenue

Monday to Friday
8:30am to 5pm

Location to pay and update licence information:
Development and Building Services Centre
Ground Floor
515 West 10th Avenue

Monday, Wednesday, Friday
8:30am to 4:30pm

Tuesday, Thursday
8:30am to 4pm

Mailing address:
Revenue Services
PO Box 7878
Vancouver, BC V6B 4E2