Processing of applications
Access to the Business Licence Office is by appointment only. Walk-in service and drop-in appointments are not available.
To help process your applications more quickly, we have moved to a digital approach for applications, enquiries, and payments:
- Submit your business licence application by mail or email
- Renew your business licence online
- Customer enquiries, contact us online
Note Processing times are currently delayed. We will contact you with questions or next steps once we have processed your request.
To rent a residential property you own for 30 days or more at a time, you need a rental property business licence. Even if you hire a property manager.
You can rent the following:
- One-family dwelling
- Laneway house
- Secondary suite
- Apartment house
- Residential/commercial building
- Multiple conversion dwelling
- Rooming house
- If you have 1 or 2 tenants living with you in your house, such as exchange students, you don't need a business licence
- If you have 3 or more tenants in your house, you need a general business licence
Steps to getting a long-term rental business licence
Note In-person scheduled appointments. Walk-in service and drop-in appointments are not available.
Development and Building Services Centre
515 West 10th Avenue
PO Box 7878
Vancouver, BC V6B 4E2